The Icelandic Center for future studies
Our mission is to be a leading research centre in future studies in Iceland, in effective co-operation with companies and agencies in Iceland and abroad; to participate actively in society-related research projects and other social projects and work on independent and innovative projects in various fields of future studies; to raise awareness among the public and business community of the value of differing approaches in the field of future studies; and to define the driving forces affecting progress in Iceland and abroad.
Our mission is not to make a financial profit for our shareholders from our operations.
We will work towards fulfilling this mission in various ways, including:
- working together with foreign universities and agencies working in the field of foreign studies;
- teaching forward-looking strategies and planning and management courses as well as participating in larger projects and students’ practical projects;
- conducting our own surveys and studies, holding conferences and publishing and contributing to larger planning projects;
- taking part in international projects in the field, joining international organisations and co-operation projects and inviting guest speakers;
- applying this multidisciplinary, comprehensive approach to various social projects, whether in a specific field or for more wide-ranging studies of individual areas.
Board of Directors and Advisory Board
Our shareholders are:
- Bifröst University
- Framtíðir slf (Futures slf)
The following sit on the Board of Directors:
- Njörður Sigurjónsson, Bifröst University
- Anna Þórðardóttir, KPMG
- Karl Friðriksson, Futures slf, is also Chairman of the Board of Directors.
The Advisory Boardis appointed by a general meeting of the Board of Directors for a term of two years. Efforts shall be made to ensure this expert committee includes formal representatives of the owners of the Centre and representatives of industry, academia and government. Members shall not sit longer than eight consecutive years.
Telephone: (+354) 894 0422
Telephone: (+354) 8242424